Thursday, January 22, 2009

Surprise Ultrasound

Yes, I'm still alive. Just been busy and uninspired with blogging lately. I promise to do better! Had a doctor's appointment today where I got to have an ultrasound, yay! My doctor's office normally allows only 1 u/s at around 2o weeks, but I got one today because they couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler.  Of course, this was also very scary too.  I had to spend 20 minutes alone in the exam room praying and worrying while the ultrasound tech lady finished her lunch and got the equipment ready. But, at last, I got to see my baby kicking and squirming on the screen! That was such a relief.

According the ultrasound measurements, I'm measuring about a week ahead of where I thought. So, now I'm 13 weeks instead of 12, and they moved my due date to July 29, which means I'll have a scheduled c-section around July 22. One trimester down, two more to go!


3 comments:

Karen said...

Glad everything is ok. That finding the heartbeat can be really tense. One of my girls liked to turn away. Come to think of it, she's still quite contrary. You could be in for a wild ride with child #2. We are. :)

Laura said...

Aren't sonograms wonderful? Can't tell you how many patients I've had to send for a ultrasound around 11-14 weeks of pregnancy because the doppler wouldn't pick up the little one's heartbeat. No matter how much explanation about "most likely everything is fine, baby is still very tiny, and the doppler technology is still a bit tricky at this gestational age, etc". I think all the parents hears me saying at this point is "blah, blah, blah". So glad you were able to see Baby Baskin moving and little heart beating... nothing better! Glad that everyone is feeling better in your household after all the stomach issues. Love you all!

Jillina said...

Glad everything is going good with you and Baby Baskin. Hope your feeling better every day.