Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow Pics and 6 month Stats

So far this year we've already had snow 3 or 4 times, which is highly unusual for Tennessee. Luckily, I decided to get Owen some winter boots at Walmart. So glad I did! Last year the poor kid had to put plastic bags over his shoes! Anyway, it's been a good investment because last weekend's snowfall of several inches kept us home for 3 straight days and Owen had a blast playing out in it.


Owen in his snow clothes














In other news, I took Luke this week for his 6 month check-up. He weighed 20 pounds, 14 1/2 ounces and was 28 1/2 inches long. He's a very tall and chunky boy! And, boy, do my arms and back know it! I'll be glad when this boy can walk! Here are a few tidbits about Luke at this stage.

--Eating Stage 2 foods and very interested in watching others eat table food
--Drinking a bottle every 4-5 hours (even at night, sigh)
--Able to roll both ways, will push up on his arms and scoot backwards
--Loves to watch Owen and the kitty, will strain to see what they are doing and jabber at them
--Getting better at sitting up on his own
--Will grab pretty much anything in reach and try to cram it in his mouth, still no teeth yet but lots of drool:)
--Getting very Mama-attached as of late. Will whimper for me like a little puppy if someone else is holding him and can see me.
--Still a very bad sleeper...but I won't go into that.




My little man with Annabelle, our kitty

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How precious! Luke is quite the charmer.

Gil said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

That picture of Luke is hilarious! Looks like a photo you would see in a magazine with a funny caption like Gil's.

Gil said...

That last pic of Luke and the kitty is awesome. You could send it in to Lolcats for sure.

The first caption that comes to mind is:

Annabelle: You just had to bring another one home didn't you. I warned you what would happen.

Edit: Wrong name, so I deleted and resubmit it.

Karen said...

That last picture is a classic. The look on your cat's face...

We asked for snow boots for all the girls at Christmas - best thing we put on their lists! Plus someone gave our youngest some ski pants, so I worry a bit less about her freezing her little, ahem, tail off out there. ;)

Laura said...

Sweet, sweet boys... and Annabelle!