This past week has been so busy! Last night my book club met to discuss Women of Magdalene by Rosemary Poole-Carter. This book just wasn't for me, but all the others in my group loved it, so, go figure! It's set in Louisiana post-Civil War at a women's insane asylum. It was very dark, creepy, and depressing. Not something I cared much about, but to each his own.
Then, today my MOPs group had our monthly meeting, and we had a cookie swap. So, I had to get up this morning and make cookies at 6 am! I made Milk Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies, which I had never made before but thought they turned out pretty good. I got the recipe from the Nestle Cookie cookbook. I haven't tried any of the others I brought home yet, but they look delicious.
Lastly, tonight, we decorated a gingerbread house with Owen. I bought the kit like a month ago, and he has been begging me daily to put it together. So, tonight we relented. Thank goodness it was the kind that's pre-assembled and all you have to do is decorate it because Owen is not a very patient child! Anyway, I think it turned out pretty good considering. Tomorrow we're planning to take Owen to see Santa. I have no idea how that will go over but I'll post pictures:)
No comments:
Post a Comment