Well, Monday came, I put him in underwear, except for nap time and bedtime at night. He only had 2 accidents. Then Tuesday he just had 1 accident! And yesterday and today, so far, no accidents!!! Yippee! I've been so pleased with how he's done. We've even gone out several times and used the bathroom in various restrooms and he's done super. So, our spring break may not have been the most exciting and fun, but I'm pretty darn happy with how it's turned out.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Potty Break
As I mentioned in my previous post, this week is Owen's Spring Break from school and we've been working on potty training. He's had a little potty since he was about 2, and I've just let him use it as he pleases pretty much and tried to not push the issue. We tried doing potty charts and prizes about 6-8 months ago, and he never really showed much interest so I let it drop for awhile. Then about 1 month ago, he just started pooping on the potty all on his own. That's been great! I figured he was "ready" at this point, especially since I want him trained before Luke arrives. So, I told him when he turned 3 he would start wearing underwear and would have to pee in the potty all the time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, Owen! Don't be discouraged with any future accidents... it's a learning game both physically and intellectually. Before you know it, you'll be teaching him to drive a car... seriously, before you know it.
Love you all!
Post a Comment