Friday, March 5, 2010

Favorite Places in America



I finally got back into my book club again after months of being away. It's been hard to find the time to read at all since having Luke, and I've really missed it. This month our group read "Charles Kuralt's America," where the famous TV broadcaster writes about traveling to his favorite spots in America over the course of one year. We all loved it. I remember watching Kuralt on the CBS Sunday Morning program for years and thought he was just as great a writer as he was a persona on TV. Anyway, at our meeting last night, we all got to talking about our favorite places we've traveled and where we still want to go. What about you? I concluded my favorite place I've been to so far has been Savannah, Georgia. I still want to go back some day. I also really want to travel to Charleston, Hawaii, and New York. Some of Kuralt's favorite places included New Orleans, Alaska, and Vermont. So, just thought I'd share. If you're looking for a great nonfiction book to read, check it out.

No comments: