1. He is a Godly man who does his best every day to live a Christ-like life.
2. He's a great daddy. He plays with Owen every day immediately when he gets home from work.
3. He's the bath giver. I've only had to give Owen a bath a handful of times, usually when Buck was out of town.
4. He'll always eat what I cook without complaint and will offer to cook or go get something when I'm too tired to cook.
5. He's smart. He can explain just about anything mechanical, scientific, or technical to Owen when I have no clue.
6. He lets me pick/choose just about everything. Baby names, movies to see, where we eat, etc.
7. He puts up with my backseat driving. I hate when I'm not in control, especially in a car, and I'm very vocal.
8. He sends me flowers on special days like Valentines and sometimes "just because".
9. He loves to read. Now we may not like to read the same kinds of books, but I'm glad I married somebody whose a reader like me and can appreciate a good book.
10. He tells me he loves me pretty much every day. That's always good to hear.
11. He gives great hugs. The kind that just wrap you up and you get lost inside.
12. He lets me get out of the house by myself fairly often. I never have to ask. I just tell him, and he says okay.
13. He does all the house chores that I hate like handwashing dishes and cleaning the bathtub.
14. Whenever we get a few minutes to relax on the couch, he'll rub my feet for as long as I want.
15. He trusts my judgment with money/shopping. He never complains about things I buy and what they cost.
16. He encourages me to do/be whatever I want in life. He'd be fine with me going back to work or continuing to be a stay-at-home mom. He just wants me to be happy.
17. He's a great singer. I love hearing him lead songs at church. It makes me proud.
18. He prays with us as a family.
19. He cares passionately about God, his Word, and spreading the good news of Jesus Christ.
20. He's a hard worker and provider for our family.
21. He's good with kids. I can't wait to see him interact and play with our next child like he does with Owen.
22. He looks out for me. For example, he forces me to take medicine when I need it.
23. He loves me enough to clean out the kitty litter. I haven't done that in years.
24. He's tender-hearted. He cries at sad movies.
25. He never acts annoyed when I pester him with phone calls at work.
26. He helps me with whatever I need. Even if it's cutting out a gazillion pieces of construction paper for Sunday School crafts.
27. He puts Owen to bed every night. This gives me precious time to myself to shower, read, and rest! (We use to take turns but this became a point of contention with Owen always crying for the other parent. So about a year ago we made the rule where Mommy always puts him down for naps & Daddy always puts him down at night.)
28. He makes me laugh.
29. He's kind to everyone.
30. He's a pro at cleaning cat vomit out of the carpet.
31. He's the most loving, fantastic man I know!
Love you Honey! Happy Birthday!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday to Buck!
Ginelle, it sounds like you got a keeper just like I did. :)
Oh, that's so sweet and nice way to wish him Happy Birthday. Such a great guy. Happy Birthday, Buck!
Ahh, cat vomit cleaning pro (WOW). Buck does sound like a wonderful husband to you, we sure are blessed by Godly husbands! This was such a great idea Ginelle, and a wonderful way to celebrate his 31 years. Louis' 30th comes up in May, would you care if I borrow your idea for him?
And thanks for your comment on my blog...so far, it is going well. Thank goodness we can check out kid's movies from our library though!
Mari, feel free to use this idea for Louis. I stole it from my friend Karen's blog!
I always knew Buck would make a wonderful husband -- because he is such a wonderful brother. You're one blessed woman, Ginelle, and Buck is blessed to have you for a wife!
So sweet, Ginelle! Who knew Buck was so wonderful... actually rumor had already gotten out! Hope you guys celebrated his birthday in a special way. Happy belated birthday, Buck!
Post a Comment