Well, it had been raining and my flip flops get very slick when wet. So, I made sure to stomp and rub them off when I first walked into the store. Then about a minute later as I made my way through the store, BAM, I slipped and fell right on my tush. One leg out in front. Stunned and embarrassed, I jumped up hoping no one saw me. I'm thinking, Am I okay? What just happened? Collecting myself for a few seconds, I decide to keep going and see if I can find where I'm supposed to go to create my registry. (I have no idea if anyone saw me fall or not. No one approached me to help me up, so I'm guessing not.)
I walk slowly through the women's clothes section and find an associate and ask her where I go to create my registry. She says I need to go all the way to the back of the store to the Site-to-Store area. Okay, great. I keep walking and telling myself I'm fine. I get back there and, of course, no one is there. I stand around and wait about 5 minutes when a lady finally shows up. She then informs me that I need to go to the "Connections" desk right over there (apparently where the cell phones are turned on or "connected.") Sigh, getting annoyed and increasingly tired, I stumble over there, where yet again, there is no one there. I stand and wait and sigh and get further annoyed when other Walmart associates walk past me and ignore me. I finally give up and walk over to the camera desk and tell them what I need. The guy goes to find someone to help me and comes back with the news that I can NOT create a registry at this store but only online! I am stunned. I ask why I can't create a registry at this particular store? He says it's probably because they are doing a re-vamp of the store and don't have the kiosk/equipment for registries anymore. I'm so mad and tired and can't believe I went through all this and accomplished nothing!
Fuming, I call Buck to vent and, after hanging up, realize my legs and thighs are getting very sore and it's getting very hard to walk. I start waddling slowly back towards the store entrance. Every step becomes more painful, and I start to wonder if I can make it back to the car. I force myself to keep walking, and thankfully I make it back to the car without falling again. I decide I better go straight to the doctor, even though my appointment isn't for another hour and a half.
So, the doctor checks me out. Thankfully, Luke is fine. Heartbeat was fine. However, Mommy is not fine. I'm very, very sore from the waist down. It's very hard to walk, and I honestly didn't know if I could get myself up the steps and into the house when I got home. I'm now laying down and resting and hoping that a good night's rest will do me a world of good. Guess I need to get some different shoes to wear for the rest of the summer, preferably ones with grippers on the bottom! Hope everyone out there had a better day than I did.
3 comments:
Ummm...let's see, Greg calls this "Morton Luck"... I suppose it's in your genes! Hope you feel better and best wishes for a better Friday!!!! Love, Jen
Ouch! Glad you and Luke are O.K.
Couldn't help but think this never would have happened if Todd still ran Wal-Mart. ;)
Tennis Shoes...sucks but they help with balance. I had all kinds of balance issues while pregnant.
Glad you're both ok and hope you feel better by now! ((hugs))
Post a Comment