Here's an old picture of Owen back when he was a baby "reading" his first book. He loved this book and looked at it all the time. I'm a total bookaholic. I love books, and now that I have a kid, I love picking out books for him. Which means anytime I'm out somewhere and see children's books I have to look and usually end up buying something. Case in point, tonight my honey and I had some precious time to ourselves seeing how Buck's parents graciously offered to watch Owen for us so we could have a date night. We went to Murfreesboro, ate at Chili's, and then ended up at Barnes & Noble. After scanning the magazines and bestsellers, I immediately headed back to the children's section. I think I ended up buying 4 books and one sticker book for Owen. I've decided to put away 3 of them for Christmas and then use the others at church.
Anyway, so that got me thinking about what Owen's favorite books are at the moment.
1. Tails by Matthew van Fleet
2. Can you see what I see? by Walter Wick
3. Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb by Al Perkins and Eric Gurney
4. The Going to Bed Book by Sandra Boynton
5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
What books do your kids love? Or what books do you remember reading as a kid?
3 comments:
Ah, children's books... :) Where to begin. I read Owl Babies to the Pre-k yesterday. They loved the "I want my mommy!" part. Peter really likes The Snowy Day. Have you seen Not a Box and Not a Stick? I love Max & Ruby books and anything by Mo Willems. Lois Ehlert has those great illustrations but the story is always SO boring and flat. And probably my all time favorite is Bark, George.
I can send you my toddler story time agendas. They have the books I read and fingerplays we did.
Have you signed Owen up for the Imaganation Library? One of William's current favorite books Llama, llama red pajama came from there.
I just saw that the latest in the Llama Llama series is coming out in March 09: Llama Llama Misses Mama.
Post a Comment