Thursday, October 23, 2008

Flu shots and Fingerpaints


Today I took Owen to get his flu shot. He did much better than I expected. There were still tears, of course, but after a few minutes of crying, a lollipop, and a promise of an elevator ride, all was well again.

I hope everyone out there gets a flu shot too. I got the flu several years ago, and I literally thought I was going to DIE! So, ever since then, I have always made sure to get my flu shot.

Anyway, moving on, this week has also been all about fingerpaints. I keep a "reward" basket filled with goodies, and Owen gets to pick something out when he's done something especially good. So, after he had such a great day at school on Tuesday, he picked fingerpaints out of the reward basket. He's been wanting those for so long and he loves them! They are the Crayola Color Wonder fingerpaints so they only work on the special Color Wonder paper (which I think is genius). I doubt I will ever be brave enough to allow real fingerpaints in my house. Nevertheless, he's been creating lots of artwork this week, and I decided to put some of it up in his room. I have these great frames where you can slide stuff easily in and out the back so I can swap out his artwork anytime I want.

So, that's what we've been up to. This weekend Buck and I are heading to the Smokies for a few days. I can't wait to curl up with a good book and just relax. We've promised each other we are going to avoid the shopping outlets, so we shall see how that goes.......

1 comment:

Jillina said...

I've had my eye on those frames from PB forever now but can't seem to break down and get one. Now that I see how cute yours is looks like I'm going have to :)

Hope you had a good weekend!