Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Ladybug versus Buzz
I'm having a Halloween costume dilemma. I was at Target a few weeks ago and found some really cute and cheap costumes. They had toddler costumes like a lion, dragon, bee, etc. I decided on the ladybug cause it was just so cute (and only $12). When I got home and proudly showed it off, Buck was less than thrilled. He deems this a girl costume and forbids it. All the while, Owen is happily yelling "I"m gonna be a bug, Mommy!". So, I decide he can play in the "bug" costume at home and then we'll get him a more manlier costume later to appease Daddy. At this point, I'm second guessing myself and thinking "yeah, maybe a ladybug wasn't the best choice". Ended up getting him a Buzz Lightyear costume. I've put it away until the big night because I don't want it to get torn up. Still, though, when we mention Halloween to Owen or trick-or-treating, he gets so excited and tells me he's going to be a bug. Not sure how to handle that yet. We'll see what happens. He may end up being a ladybug after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yes, I agree that a ladybug costume has a definite female connotation. Buzz would be better for Owen.
I must concur with Owen's daddy here. Ladybug = girl. Almost any other creepy/crawly creature (except butterflies) = boy.
My oldest wants to be Princess Leia, my middle changes her mind everyday, and my baby is probably going to be a bunny ('cause we already have the costume). I guess I really need to accept that Halloween is coming and get on with the costume search.
It might bother us, as adults, that a boy wears a ladybug costume, but it obviously doesn't bother Owen. Buck, my bro, I know Mom scarred you for life at a tender age, but I have to say if Owen wants to wear the ladybug costume at Halloween, I'd let him do it and be happy. He's only two! :o)
Post a Comment